How to confirm Consent string is passing to Amazon ads?
To ensure that the consent string is correctly transmitted to Amazon Ads, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website where Amazon Ads are displayed.
- Right-click on the webpage and select "Inspect" (or press Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows/Linux, Cmd + Option + I on macOS) to open the developer tools.
- Go to the "Network" tab within the developer tools.
- Refresh the webpage to capture the network traffic.
- In the network traffic, look for a request to the URL: https://aax.amazon-adsystem.com/e/dtb/bid.
- Click on this request to view its details.
- Within the request details, locate the query parameters or the request payload.
- Check for the presence and correctness of the following consent string data fields:
gdpre: This field indicates GDPR compliance.
gdprc: This field represents GDPR consent information.
gpp: This field relates to general privacy preferences.
gpp_sid: This field is for the session ID associated with the general privacy preferences.
Ensure that these fields are populated correctly according to the consent provided by the user. If any of these fields are missing or incorrect, it may indicate an issue with the consent passing mechanism to Amazon Ads.