CCPA Summary and Consent Management
Manage Consent Under CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) comes into effect on January 1, 2020 and may affect how your website is allowed to handle the personal information of Californians.
The CCPA demands that businesses provide records of personal information collected about a consumer in the preceding 12 months prior to the request made by the consumer to gain access to this information.
Is my business affected by CCPA?
The regulations only affect businesses that either generate over $25 million in revenue; collect information of more than 50,000 Californian residents a year; or derive 50% or more of their annual revenue from selling the personal information of California residents.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information for Website
The CCPA 'Do Not Sell My Personal Information' rule gives those based in California the right to tell businesses not to sell their personal data.
- Websites must have a page called 'Do Not Sell My Personal Information' that allows consumers to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
- They must link to this page on the homepage.
- Users must be able to make this request without having to create an account.
- The business must respect the consumer’s decision for at least 12 months. After this time the business can ask the consumer to allow the sale of personal information.
Cookie Consent Manager for CCPA
Under CCPA, Cookies can harvest personal information such as names, physical addresses, IP addresses, location data, but also sensitive personal data such as religious convictions, political opinions and/or sexual orientation.
- The right to request disclosure
- The right to request deletion
- The right to opt out
Personal information under the CCPA
- Identifiers such as cookies, beacons, pixel tags, telephone numbers, IP addresses, account names.
- Biometric data such as face, retina, fingerprints, DNA, voice recordings, health data.
- Geolocation data such as location history via devices.
- Internet activity such as browsing history.
- Plus data regarding personal characteristics, behavior, religious or political convictions, sexual preferences and so on.
UniConsent Consent Management Solution for CCPA
- Fully customisable multiple stages
- One-tag Implementation
- Google Tag Manager support
- Tracking and insight
- Multiple languages support
- EU IAB, U.S. CCPA and Google DFP consent support
- Cookies scan and disclosing
- Easy self-serve solution
- 'Do not sell my data' support